Although I respect the Mayan culture for what it brought in knowledge in terms of living with nature and not of it, and many other attributes, I find hilarious the free interpretation of some people that have led to term this Friday the end of the world. It is more of a change of cycle, from a dark period to a period of light.
So my wishes for this change of cycle are:
– Large multinational companies, disappear, vanish. And instead smaller more localised businesses appear.
– Corrupt states and stagnating democracies transform themselves into real democracies, with full-on participation from the population in a comprehensive re-thinking of the way we take decisions and plan our lives.
– Cars evaporate, we all use local transport and this one develops into a system that allows us all to move freely.
– Large monoculture suddenly become smaller diverse local productions that satisfy local markets. Large fisheries industries sink into the sea, and only local sustainable fishing boats remain.
– Women are treated the same as men, and we stop with this misogynistic society.
– Money returns to its original purpose, for the exchange of goods and services at the local level.
– Weapons turn into vegetables
and all this happening with no-one dying, no natural disasters or apocalyptic events.